In fourth grade, we study Arithmetic, Science, California History, Bible, English, Reading, Spelling and Handwriting. As part of our History, we do a mission project, wherein we build missions, write a paper and present them in a special Chapel time.
• Place value of numbers
• Story problems
• Mastery of fundamental operations
• Measurements, conversions & fractions
• Roman numerals
• Factoring, divisibility rules, and decimals
• Correct change
• Solving equations
• Graphs and scale drawing and basic geometry
A general overview of science includes study of the following:
• Earth & Space
California History focuses on the geography and life in California including colonial California explorers, missions, and ranchos; pioneers, gold rush and Indians. In addition we study the growth and development of railroad and agriculture and finish with the modern history of California including industry, technology, and government.
In Bible, we study the following:
• Attributes of God
• Bible Study & Prayer
• Christ and His People
• Eternal Promises
• Grammar, usage and mechanics
• Sentence structure, capitalization, parts of speech
• Writing of book reports and other types of writing assignments
Reading curriculum focuses on:
• Oral reading
• Reading comprehension
• Vocabulary building
• Practice critical thinking skills
Weekly spelling words and tests are given. In addition, usage of words in sentences, learning to spell for academic excellence, using a dictionary and ability to identify misspelled words.
Handwriting consists of development of proper handwriting skills and incorporating Scripture verses as a designed inspired approach.