Weekly All-School Announcements
May 13 - 17, 2019
Weekly Scripture Verse
He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:4 (NIV)
Monday, May 13: Middle School: MS Soccer Game, 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday, May 14: MS/HS: ASB Lunch
Seniors: Bible Final, Regular Dismissal
Wednesday, May 15: Elementary: Special Dress - Hawaiian Day
Middle School: MS Soccer Game, 4:00 p.m.
Seniors: Periods 6 & 7 Finals, Regular Dismissal
Thursday, May 16: MS/HS: Mario’s Pizza Lunch
Seniors: Periods 4 & 5 Finals, 12:20 p.m. Dismissal
Elementary: Elementary Spring Musical, 6:30 p.m.
Friday, May 17: Middle School: MS PE Field Trip to Ice Castle, 8:05 a.m.
Elementary: Elementary Chapel, 8:30 a.m.
MS/HS: MS/HS Chapel, 10:00 a.m.
Seniors: Periods 1 & 2 Finals, 9:50 a.m. Dismissal
Saturday, May 18: Seniors: Disneyland Grad Night
* Remember to check the Desert Chapel Christian School calendar at: www.dceagles.org
ALL SCHOOL NEWS..
Please turn in re-enrollment packets before Friday, May 24, 2019. We appreciate your assistance with this as we plan and prepare for the next academic year.
Desert Chapel Christian School Official Instagram
The official DCCS Instagram is: @DCEagles. Keep up with the latest news!
Teacher Appreciation Week
Thank you to all the parents and students who gifted the teachers with delicious treats, meaningful cards, and thoughtful gifts. Special thanks to Mrs. Rosemary and Mrs. Behrend who organized something special for the teachers for each day of the week. It is a privilege to be a part of the family of Desert Chapel Christian School, and it is an honor to teach the students of Desert Chapel. From all of the faculty, we express our gratitude for the kindness and generosity shown to us this past week.
Agape Salon, owned and operated by the Jimenez family, is offering free haircuts to Desert Chapel students. Students must:
● Make an appointment online at www.agapesalonspa.com or call (760) 321-1023. Ask for Analise Jimenez, Arlen Angulo, or Erin Messer.
● You must mention that you are a Desert Chapel student.
We are grateful to the Jimenez family for this generous offer.
The elementary students will be completing STAR testing this week, which provides us with a benchmark to determine growth in reading and comprehension.
Desert Chapel is proud to present the annual Spring Musical, performed by the elementary students. The musical, “A Not So Terrible Parable,” will delight you with the students’ fine acting and singing. Please do plan to join us on Thursday, May 16th at 6:30 p.m.
● Students are to arrive to their classrooms at 6:00 p.m., with the exception of the Kindergarten
students who will report to Mrs. Wood in the sanctuary.
● Students should wear jeans and tennis shoes. They will be given a t-shirt to wear when they
arrive to their classroom.
● A reception will follow in the small gymnasium. Please bring your contribution on Thursday morning, or at 2:30 p.m. dismissal time. Each class has been assigned an item to contribute.
Please see the list below:
○ Kindergarten - Juice Packets
○ 1st Grade - Juice Packets
○ 2nd Grade - Juice Packets
○ 3rd Grade - Cheese & Crackers
○ 4th Grade - Cookies/Brownies
○ 5th Grade - Cookies/Brownies
MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL NEWS..
Senior Finals Week
Monday, May 13th: Regular School Day Schedule - No Final Exams Scheduled
Tuesday, May 14th: Regular School Day Schedule - Bible Final
Wednesday, May 15th: Regular School Day Schedule - Periods 6 & 7 Finals
Thursday, May 16th: Adjusted School Schedule (Classes for Period 1-5) - Periods 4 & 5 Finals (12:20 p.m. dismissal)
Friday, May 17th: Adjusted School Schedule (Classes for Periods 1 & 2) - Periods 1 & 2 Finals (9:50 a.m. dismissal)
Senior Disney Grad Night
The Seniors will enjoy a fun-filled day on Saturday, May 18th. Please note that all chaperones and students must arrive together on the day of their event, and enter through the designated Grad Night security screening area. Disney Resort Grad Night includes:
● Time to enjoy Cars Land
● A private Disney California Adventure Park Experience from 9:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
● A full day's access to Disney California Adventure Park during normal operating park hours.
MS PE Class Field Trip
The middle school PE classes will be traveling to the Desert Ice Castle to escape the heat and strap on some ice skates! Student will want to bring a warm jacket or hoodie. Students will meet in the gymnasium at 8:05 a.m. Parent drivers are welcome and needed. All students will return to school by 11:15 a.m. in order to eat lunch and attend classes for the remainder of the day. Permission forms will be sent home with students.
ASB Weekly Lunch
ASB offers a delicious meal each Tuesday for $4. This week’s delicious lunch is:
● Chicken Teriyaki Bowl & Drink
Mario’s Pizza Lunch
Mario’s pizza is available for lunch on Thursday.
● Personal Pizza & Drink*: $4
● Personal Pizza Only: $3.50
*Drinks include: Water, small Gatorade, Kool-aid, or Arizona Iced Tea. A large Gatorade is $0.50 extra.
Dress Code Reminder
Although we are nearing the end of the school year, dress code guidelines are still in effect. Please take note of these reminders:
● Please wear closed-toed shoes - no slides or flip-flops.
● Please do not wear necklaces.
● The fashion trend right now for the ladies includes shorter tops. Please wear a tucked in tank top under your shirt to ensure that your midriff is not revealed at school.
Thank you for your cooperation with these guidelines.
Schedule Request Forms
Please return your Schedule Request Form by Wednesday, May 15th. On this form, you will be indicating your preference for classes for the next academic year. Please feel free to call, email, or pop by Mrs. Ingram’s office to ask questions or seek clarification.
Monday, May 13: MS Soccer @ Desert Chapel v.s. St. Theresa, 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday, May 15: MS Soccer @ Desert Chapel v.s. OLPH, 4:00 p.m.
* Please regularly check the Desert Chapel Master Calendar for important dates, as unexpected changes do occur. www.dceagles.org
SAT & ACT Test Dates
Register NOW! The SAT and ACT tests are required for application to universities. Juniors should plan to write one or both of these tests this spring. There are registration deadlines that must be met, otherwise a late registration fee will be applied.
SAT Test Date: June 1st, 2019 Late Registration Fee August 24, 2019 Next anticipated SAT test administration date.
ACT Test Date: June 8th, 2019 Late Registration Fee July 13th, 2019 Registration Deadline: June 14, 2019
Register for the SAT at: www.collegeboard.org Register for the ACT at: www.act.org
We wish you blessings and joy as you celebrate your birthday!
May 18 Roman C. (Kindergarten)