Good morning, DC families!
It is quite amazing to realize that we are in our fifth week of school closure, and our fourth week of at-home learning. We are so impressed by the many students who have continued with diligence and hard work, even in the midst of such an unusual academic experience. Our parents have been remarkable in supporting their students; partnering with our teachers; and assuming the role of "teacher" and "tutor." for their student(s). It remains our desire and commitment to ensure that our students are fully prepared for the upcoming 2020-2021 academic year.
We also want to express gratitude to our parents for jumping on board to send digital copies of completed work to teachers. The decision to have work submitted by photo or scanned doc was driven by our desire to protect the health of our teachers. This has added another layer of time and effort for our parents, and we want to thank you. Please submit the work in a way that is most convenient for you, and the least time-consuming. Simply taking a picture of the work and emailing it to the teacher suffices. We have two requests:
- Please make sure the student's name is on every piece of work.
- Please make sure the area is well-lit when taking the picture, so that the picture is legible for the teacher to grade.
Please note important dates and details listed below:
- May Pick-up of Work Packets: We will have one final pick-up of work for students for the month of May. Many, but not all, of our middle/high school teachers are issuing work digitally to their students, but our elementary teachers especially need to be able to provide their students hard copies of assignments. We will do the same drive-through pick-up as the last two times, with the roll-up door of the gymnasium open for you to drive by and collect your student's work. The pick up times and dates are: Sunday, May 3 (1:00 - 3:00 p.m.) and Monday, May 4 (8:30 - 10:30 a.m.) Please note a slight change in times from previous pick-up dates.
- The final day of academics for students is Friday, May 22, 2020.
- Senior examinations are scheduled for the week of May 11- 15, 2020. Teachers may opt to give a final project as an end-of-the-year assessment, or they may schedule a final examination. Your teacher will communicate with you about your final evaluation.
- Final examinations for Grades 6 - 11 are scheduled for the week of May 18 - 22, 2020. Similar to the seniors, teachers may opt to give a final project as an end-of-the-year assessment, or they may schedule a final examination. Your teacher will communicate with you what will be your final evaluation.
- Teachers will grade and assess completed work the week of May 25 - 28, 2020, and report cards will be issued and mailed by Tuesday, June 2, 2020.
We are praying for each family. We truly miss our students. May the peace and provision of God be abundant for your family.
In His Service,
Pastor Frank, Principal and Mrs. Ingram, Academic Coordinator/Vice Principal