Weekly All-School Announcements
February 11 - 14, 2019
Weekly Scripture Verse
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philippians 4:8 (NLT)
Monday, February 11: High School: Softball Meeting, 2:45 p.m.
Monday, February 11: Middle School: MS Boys’ Basketball Game, 3:30 p.m.
Monday, February 11: Middle School: MS Girls’ Basketball Game, 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, February 12: All School: Parent Teacher Conferences - Minimum Day
Wednesday, February 13: All School: Parent Teacher Conferences - Minimum Day
Thursday, February 14: All School: Parent Teacher Conferences - Minimum Day
Thursday, February 14: Middle School: MS Boys’/Girls’ Basketball Pictures, 11:45 a.m.
Thursday, February 14: High School: HS Boys’ Basketball Pictures, 11:45 a.m.
Thursday, February 14: All School: Special Dress - Pink, Red, & White
Friday, February 15: All School: No School
Monday, February 18: All School: No School
* Remember to check the Desert Chapel Christian School calendar at: www.dceagles.org
ALL SCHOOL NEWS..
Parent Teacher Conferences
Parent Teacher Conferences are scheduled for:
Tuesday, February 12 ⬩ Wednesday, February 13 ⬩ Thursday, February 14
All three days are Minimum Days (11:30 a.m. dismissal)
● Elementary Parents: You have a scheduled appointment with your student’s teacher. As a courtesy to the teacher, if you are going to be late or miss your appointment, please contact the teacher or school office as soon as possible. Thank you.
● Middle and High School Parents: The middle and high school conferences are Open House style. Teachers will be available in their classrooms each afternoon from 12:00 to 2:30 p.m. for parents to drop in and meet. Teachers will try to maintain 15 minute discussions with each parent, allowing for all parents to get time to meet and interact with the teachers. If you arrive to find the teacher occupied with another parent, you may visit other teachers in their classrooms or wait in the courtyard until the teacher is free to meet with you.
Special Dress Day
Thursday, February 14th is an All-School Special Dress Day. You may wear red, pink, and white. Dress code guidelines still apply. Please wear appropriate shoes, appropriate sleeve lengths, and appropriate messages.
On Friday, February 15th, we will observe Lincoln’s birthday, and on Monday, February 18th, we will observe Presidents’ Day. There will be no school.
Rock the Walk
Rock the Walk is scheduled for Friday, March 15th! Please plan to join us for this fun morning of fundraising for the school.
● Volunteers are needed! Please, sign up in the office.
● Business or personal sponsors are appreciated.
○ $250 = Name/Logo on event t-shirts
○ $500 = Name/Logo on event t-shirts and banner at all events
MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL NEWS..
Minimum Day Schedule
The Minimum Day Schedule for this week is:
● Tuesday - Periods 1, 2, 3, & 4
● Wednesday - Periods 5, 6, 3, & 7
● Thursday - Periods 1, 2, 3, & 4
Valentine’s Day Grams
ASB is selling Valentine’s Day Grams, to be delivered on Thursday, February 14th. Treat a friend ... gift a teacher ... surprise an unsuspecting object of your affection! Parents, remind your student of how much you care! Spread love, kindness, and good cheer. The Valentine’s grams are sold in the MS/HS office.
● $1 Gram = Valentine’s Day card and candy
● $5 Gram = Valentine’s Day card and mug filled with candy. The mug can be decorated!
Monday, February 11: HS Softball Meeting @ Room 304 with Mr. Olson, 2:45 p.m.
MS Girls’ Basketball @ OLPH, 4:00 p.m.
MS Boys’ Basketball @ Desert Christian Academy, 3:30 p.m.
Thursday, February 14: MS Boys’/Girls’ Basketball PICTURES, 11:45 a.m.
HS Boys’ Basketball PICTURES, 11:45 a.m.
Team and individual photos will be taken on Thursday, February 14th for middle (boys/girls) and high school
(boys) basketball. Please wear your uniforms and meet in the gymnasium. Please be on time!
Sports Practices for the Week
On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of this week:
● High school BASEBALL, SOFTBALL and GOLF practices will run from 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
● Middle school BASKETBALL practices will run from 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Please regularly check the Desert Chapel Master Calendar for important dates, as unexpected changes do
The California State Summer School for the Arts is offering a wonderful program for those interested in
Animation, Writing, Dance, Film, Music, Theater, and Visual Arts. The program runs for four weeks, July 13 -
August 9, 2019 The application deadline is February 28, 2019. Financial aid is available. For more
THIS WEEK’S BIRTHDAYS.
Wishing you a wonderful, blessed birthday!
2/12 Christian R. (7th Grade)
2/12 Cayson C. (1st Grade)
2/14 Kaci Y. (8th Grade)
2/15 Ava K. (6th Grade)
2/15 Isabella S. (3rd Grade)
2/18 Judea T. (1st Grade)