Christmas Spirit Days
Students in grade 6-12 are encouraged to participate in our Christmas Spirit Days. Tuesday, December 12th is Red & Green Day and Thursday, December 14th is Ugly Christmas Sweater Day. All students who participate will be entered into a raffle for miscellaneous prizes. The winners will be announced Friday, December 15th during chapel. Candy Cane Grams will also be sold December 5th-12th and will be delivered Friday, December 15th.
Tuesday & Thursday Lunch
Tuesday will be a special ASB BBQ with chicken tacos and nachos being offered. Tacos (2) with a drink (soda or water) will be $5, nachos will be $2, or you can get both for $6. Thursday is Mario’s Pizza Day with a pizza and drink for $4.
December 18-20th will be minimum days and will follow our schedule for finals. Students will attend periods 1 & 2 on Monday, December 18th, periods 4 & 5 on Tuesday, December 19th, and periods 6 & 7 on Wednesday, December 20th. School will be dismissed at 11 am all three days. Please ensure that your child is picked up by 12 pm. If you know your child will need to miss school during that week, please contact the office to make arrangements for makeup testing. Study hard, turn in homework, make up assignments, and make sure you end this semester well!
Our Christmas break will begin Thursday, December 21st through Friday, January 5th. We look forward to seeing you January 8th, 2018 for the start of a new semester!
Korean Exchange Students
Our school will be hosting Korean students during the month of January and we are looking for families to host them between the dates of January 4th-January 28th. If you are interested, please
contact Grace either by calling 760-327-2772, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You Need to Provide:
• Their own bed (not their own room)
• A ride to and from school every day
• Feed them at home, and send them with a lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays school provides lunch)
• Drop them off at church on Saturday mornings at 7:00 a.m. for their weekly outings (to Disneyland and other fun places!)
• Pick them up Saturday evening (usually between 7-8:00 p.m.) *they will be gone on a trip to northern California Saturday, Sunday and Monday, January 14-16
What You Will Receive:
• Credit for your volunteer school hours
• $350/student to offset expenses of feeding and/or entertaining your guest(s)
• The joy of learning a little about the Korean culture without having to make a trip to Korea!
Students come with their own spending money and usually have their own cell phone to stay in touch with their family while away from home.
Looking for stocking stuffers or easy Christmas gifts? Gift cards are available for purchase with part of the proceeds going toward the school. This is a year-round fundraising program.
Please see below for the special holiday schedule:
Order Date Order Pick-up
Mon. 12/11 Thu. 12/14
Wed. 12/13 Mon. 12/18
Mon. 12/18 Thu. 12/21
Here's how to order:
• In Person - fill out the order form in the school office. Must be received in the office by 3pm on the order day to be included in the order.
• By Phone/Text - Contact Christy West @ 760-219-5542 to place your order.
• By Email to email@example.com.
• Online - Go to www.shopwithscrip.com, register as DC family with the Code: 8L4C687C33551 and place your order.
Mark your Calendar:
12/18 - 12/20 Finals (Minimum Days - dismissal @ 11 am)
12/21 - 1/5 Christmas Break